Hello and welcome to another delicious & healthy recipe.
If you are having some time on the weekend you should give this healthy banana bread recipe a try.
It’s one of our favorites that is not only great for breakfast but that you can also quite comfortably pack as a snack for when you’re on the go.
It’s not that hard to make as well, so it’s a winner on all fronts for me.
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 full tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter you like)
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup crushed hazelnuts (or other nuts of your choice)
- Mix all the “wet” ingredients in a large bowl (the bananas, eggs, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla).
- Add the rest of the powder ingredients – coconut flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and mix them all well together.
- Grease up a loaf pan with either butter or coconut oil and pour the mixture in it.
- The topping: In a smaller ball mix the butter, coconut flour, and the crushed hazelnuts with your hands and place chunks of it all over the top of the batter.
- Put in a preheated to 180°C oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Once done, let it cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
I experimented a bit and added 1 Tofiffee bonbon (cut in pieces) 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven. It was a mistake, don't do it!
If you enjoy this recipe then you should definitely try one of the following recipes:
Related Recipe: Delicious, healthy and quick to make pumpkin spice cookies
Related Recipe: Granola bars with Dried Figs and Peanut Butter
Related Recipe: Healthy breakfast muffins with carrots and almond butter