So these little energy-boosting granola bars happened yesterday and they were amazingly delicious.
It’s was mostly an experiment, but given the ingredients, it’s not at all surprising that they turned out as delicious as they did.
I love to prepare such goodies to eat them at breakfast or have them as a quick bite an hour or two before a workout. They certainly give a lot of fuel and tons of valuable nutrients.
Also, I know I am not the only one obsessed with peanut butter – we buy an insane, almost shameful, amount of it every month.
We’ve tried a ton of different brands until we finally found the one we stuck with – the crunchy peanut butter from Myprotein. It comes in a ONE kg jar! 😀 A dream come true!
Plus it’s free from any additives like palm oil, salt, etc. I got so used to it, I literally can’t (and don’t) have my oatmeal in the morning, unless we have peanut butter. Hmm…I might have a slight problem.
Anyways, I love experimenting around that ingredient, especially combining it with other favorites of mine like coconut oil.
Give these granola bars a try – they are quick and easy to make and a great snack to grab on the go, or enjoy with your morning coffee.
- 200g oats
- 200g dates
- 150g peanut butter
- 120g dried figs
- 50g dark chocolate at least 70%
- 70g honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Spread the oats in a tray and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 180° C with the fan on. Let them cool down.
- In a small pot warm up and mix the coconut oil, the peanut butter, and the honey. Add a pinch of salt.
- Blend the dates, chop the chocolate, and cut the figs into small pieces. Mix them with the oats and the peanut butter mixture.
- After everything is mixed together, spread it in a baking paper-covered tray and let it cool down.
- Cut into small blocks and enjoy! 🙂