56 Bodyweight exercises you can do anywhere
21. Donkey kickbacks
One of the classic booty exercises. Start on all fours, engage your abdominal muscles and keeping a 90 degree bend in your right knee, kick back and towards the ceiling. Don’t let your hips rotate and as usual – squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement.
22. Glute bridge
Lie on the ground with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Keeping your core tight, lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders form a straight line. Squeeze your glutes hard at top of the movement and hold for a second or two before lowering your hips again.
23. Elevated glute bridge
Very much like your regular glute bridge but position your feet on a stable elevated surface. This will make the exercise a little more challenging. Add a cute grumpy cat for moral support.
24. Single leg elevated glute bridge
Another variation of the glute bridge – the hardest modification of the bodyweight glute bridge.
Keep the movement controlled the whole time. Don’t overextend your hips – aim for that straight line between your knee, hips, and shoulders.
Don’t forget the cat. The legend says this exercise is only effective with a cat nearby.
25. Bodyweighst hip thrusts
I’ll start with this – if you are not doing hip thrusts…you should be. This is probably the number one exercise to develop and strengthen your glutes. Not only that, but it is also an excellent assistant exercise to improve your squat and increase your deadlift lockout power.Top 8 Glute Exercises to Strengthen and Shape Your Behind
- Your pivot point with the bench should be right under your shoulder blades.
- The feet, in general, should be shoulder-width apart, shins vertical to each other. Toes can point slightly out.
- Your knees should be at a 90 degrees angle at lockout.
- Focus on that mind-muscle connection, and try to lift your weight with your glutes.
- At the end of the movement, squeeze your glutes and push your hips forward, WITHOUT overextending your spine.
- Keep the control, while lowering your hips and don’t lose the tension in your glutes.
26. Frog pumps
Lie face up on the ground and knees bent. Place your feet against each other, lift your hips up and squeeze your glutes at the top.